Friday, May 29, 2009

School's Out for Summer...

Hey isn't that a song? One of my favorites actually : ) We are all beginning to get in our summer mode. We are looking forward to relaxing and enjoying time together. 

Steve has had a pretty good week. He still struggles sometimes, mentally, with not being able to eat. He is very positive, but even the best of us get down in the dumps. We have 2 doctors appointments at the end of next week. We will see both the oncologist and the oral surgeon. We are also going to our dentist. Steve wants to talk to him about the possibility of getting some kind of prosthetic that would lower the roof of his mouth so his tongue can touch it and get some leverage. Good idea! We'll see what he says. I'll keep you posted later.

We have a special prayer request. One of my girl scouts and very close friend of Alli's is having surgery next week for a rare heart problem she has had since birth. She and her family will travel to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for this surgery. Please pray that all will go well for Emily and her family. Pray for the doctors and nurses, for her parents and sisters strength and for her courage and healing.  She will be in the hospital for 7 - 10 days and then will stay with relatives until she is able to fly back home. 

Many of you have asked if I will keep the blog up to date over the summer. The answer is yes! My goal is to write twice a week to let you know what is happening. I might not have much to say, but I will keep you up to date. Many mornings God puts things on my heart to share with you. I thank you for indulging me by reading my thoughts. I continue to keep you in my prayers and ask that you continue to pray for us too. This month will be a challenging one financially with all the summer activities for the girls and a possible vacation for us. My prayer is that Steve will find success in his roofing business. May God bless your summer with relaxation and time for friends and family.

No comments: