Saturday, May 2, 2009

Celebrate!

Steve has been feeling better this week. And the good news is that he has gained 5 pounds! His color looks better and he has even ridden with his roofing partners to look at some roof jobs and talk to people! He has felt much more productive! Steve has been working hard to keep his spirits up and not let the doldrums get to him. It seems to be helping a lot.

Earlier this week Steve went fishing with his brother. He caught several fish and enjoyed himself. We attended Becca's end of the year chorus concert. It was the best one yet. We truly enjoyed ourselves. Steve was very tired and weak by the end, but was glad he was able to go. Those kids are so talented. Of course, Becca had a small solo and did a fantastic job. Her friends were all cheering for her which made her feel more at ease. She is such a natural on the stage!

Only 15 more school days! I think we can do this if we just take it one step at a time : ) Becca has lots of final exams and projects so she is pretty stressed. Alli is just counting down the days. I am just trying to keep my students calm and under control : ) Steve is working on keeping his days productive so they go by quickly too. We are all looking forward to the summer more than we ever have before, and that is saying a lot. I for one live for summer!!!

I am still fighting with the insurance company to get them to approve Steve's formula. We've been fortunate to have some cans left over from his September surgery (when I had a different insurance company). That has helped get us through so far. But we are on the last case of that, so I am praying that insurance will finally see the error of their ways. God's timing is not always ours! I prefer to have a cushion to fall back on. I know God will provide. I am learning another side of what God means in Matthew 6:25-34, when he tells us not to worry about our life. It is just hard not to be in control! 


1 comment:

Paula said...

Amen to that!! I am glad Steve is doing better. I think of him and your family all the time. It is had to depend on God's time, but it does keep us nearer the cross. Love you, Paula