Monday, April 27, 2009

Great weekend!

We enjoyed our weekend together! We were able to spend lots of time with each other. Steve had a rough morning both Saturday and Sunday due to the mucus that built up overnight. He had to work hard to clear it all out and ended up vomiting too. He was left weak and weary. Once he got his second wind, he kept himself busy with little jobs (sweeping the porch, helping with laundry, he even helped mow the grass and bow the drive on Sunday!).  for the first time in 16 years I mowed the grass! Have I ever told you the story about the time I surprised Steve by mowing the grass?

Steve was working long hard hours managing a local fast food place. One Friday afternoon, I decided I would surprise Steve and mow the lawn. That way he could come home and relax - not having to worry about the yard work. We could go out to dinner and spend some time together on Saturday! Needless to say, it did not go over well. (The way Steve tells it, he had looked forward all day to coming home and working outside in the yard to relieve the stress of the week!) 

Steve came home, came in the house, and said "what idiotic teenager did you pay to massacre my lawn????? " Being the newlywed wife that I was, tears came to my eyes and between sobs I told Steve that I mowed it to surprise him. He said and I quote, "Don't ever touch my lawn again!" - HA! Boy did that one come back to bite him you know where : ) So, with his supervision, I helped mow the lawn yesterday!

I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Steve doing the mundane things of life. By Sunday night, he was looking chipper and had some nice color in his cheeks. Today seems to have been a good day for him too. He even cooked some chicken for us for dinner! We all enjoy sitting together in the living room watching some NCIS or Bones reruns each night. Life is great isn't it? It's the small things that count. 

Some of you have mentioned that you like to have specific things to pray for. Well, here are a couple: please pray for Steve to gain weight, for his leg to hurt less, and ultimately for him to be able to swallow. Also, please pray for the insurance to approve my appeal to pay for Steve's formula.  Thank you so much! 

Enjoy this beautiful weather. God bless you all.

1 comment:

Kay Dew Shostak said...

Mike complained about my macaroni and cheese when we first got married. I didn't make it again for about 10 years. Of course I didn't know to put milk and eggs in the first time I made it so it was just boiled macaroni with cheddar cheese - all cooked to a hard, oily mess. But How DARE he complain!
The mowing story is funny. So good to know you are keeping your sense of humor and enjoying your memories. Thanks for the specific prayer requests. And I will also pray for you as you end up the school year!
Kay