Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Only one more day...

Today when I went to see Steve, he was very sleepy and groggy. He said he hasn't been able to get any sleep : ) He had another fever this morning. They ran a few more tests but have not found anything. The nurse had Steve use the breathing machine to see if his lungs were okay. The funny thing is that he got the little blue thing all the way to the top! I don't think I can do that and I'm "healthy"!  

I realized on the way home how tired I am of driving to the hospital everyday. It's such along drive and I would rather spend my time with Steve instead of stuck in traffic. The gasoline and parking fees are really adding up too!  

I am so fortunate to have a wonderful administration at my school who understands that I need to leave to check on Steve everyday. I don't know what I would do without my parents! They are always here to do whatever I need. They have become taxi's for the girls, hostesses to the wonderful people preparing food for us, and shoulders to cry/complain on : ) We have so many friends who have been helping with rides for the girls too. We are trying to keep things as normal as possible. It's hard for me to be in 2 places at once - even though I really want to.

I think my quality of sleep has been pretty lacking because I am sleeping 7 or 8 hours each night, but I'm still tired. I had to laugh tonight, because I was talking to God and telling Him how tired I am and that I can't do this much longer. I left the hospital earlier tonight in order to go to an advisement meeting with Becca. While I was grabbing a quick bit to eat, Steve's doctor called and left a message saying, "When you come to see Steve tonight, you can take him home." UGH! What a sense of humor God must have!  So, long story short, I get to pick him up tomorrow morning. God is good...all the time! Only one more trip to the hospital for awhile. YES!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

EXCELLENT!!!! I'm sure Steve will feel better just being at home! I'm really happy there is only one more night there for him.

Tom Butler.

Paula said...

Lisa, you may not know this but your testament gives us all strength. I am happy he is coming home, but I know how much more it will put on you. We are all here for your family. we love you very much. James 1 gives me great strength. "Consider it pure joy whenever you face trails" it makes you stronger and closer and more dependent on God. "His strength is perfect when our strength is gone".
In my prayers, Paula