Saturday, February 7, 2009

Some bad...some good

Sorry for the delay in my posts. I ended up spending the night at the hospital with Steve unexpectedly and did not have my computer with me.  Steve had a hard day yesterday. He was left in a chair for an hour without his call button. He began having a hard time breathing and by the time a friend of ours got there, he was in a cold sweat. I think he had a panic attack. He was pretty nervous and upset when I got there. I know he feels more comfortable with me, so he kind of let out all of his frustration. I was just glad I could be there for him. 

We had a good night. He got some rest and was able to keep his ensure type food down. This morning Dr. Grist came in and they took out his trache! He said that Steve looks good. I got Steve to use his walker a little bit. They want him to be able to get around on it before he leaves the hospital. Of course, he is so ready to go. He offered to come home and get the dishes and laundry done for me! Then when my folks were leaving, he tried to hitch a ride with them :). 

The best part of the progress we saw today was that Steve is able to talk a little bit! It takes a lot out of him, and is hard to understand, but he is already working on it! You truly cannot keep a good man down. Steve was joking with the nurse today. He told her that he would let her put in the new IV if she paid him $5! She was great and joked right back.

Please pray that Steve will keep having good days and feeling better. His migraines are getting to him, but he is trying to stay positive. I'm praying we are over the hump and that things will continue to look up. Thanks for all your love and support.

No comments: